Wiki: How To Connect Znc To Xchat wiki page
ZNC is very useful becouse it logs chat on XChat even when IRC is not turned on so you won´t miss all the important stuff .
Here is a guide on how to properly setup your ZNC for XChat.
Table of Contents
First you will have to setup ZNC then XChat in that order.
- Go to
Your Settingsas shown below:
- Under IRC Information fill out following using your IRC Username:
- After you fill out the information go to bottom of your page and press
Save and return.
- Under Networks press
- Under Network info fill out the following
- Also make sure to check Active: Connect to IRC & automatically re-connect:
Servers of this IRC network:
- After you are finished make sure to go to bottom of your page and again press
Save and return.
Next thing we need to do is add Channels
- Under Channels press Add . Add a name of a
Buffer Countto 1000.
Below is an example how it should look like:
- If you saved it successfully it should look something like this:
- Under Modules are couple of options that are recommended to *check in *:
- After all is setup in ZNC we move to QChat.
- Open your XChat and Add a new network and name it by your choice:
Choose your new Network and press Edit.
We need to fill out some things:
Servers for (Name of your Network): yourserver.bytesized-hosting.com/port
- (you can find your port information when you look at your search bar where your ZNC is opened)*.
After you are finished make sure to press
You need to check in the following options as it is presented below:
NickServ password: your IRC password
Server password: yourZNCUsername:YourZNCpassword
- After you are finished setting up press
Close, choose your new Network and press
|Last Author||Contributors||Versions||Last update|
|Alchemist||15||Tue, 23 Feb 2016 21:36:01 +0100|