Btsync - Wiki wiki page
Added on: 24th of August 2014
BitTorrent Sync by BitTorrent, Inc is a proprietary peer-to-peer file synchronization tool available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Windows Phone and BSD. It can sync files between devices on a local network, or between remote devices over the Internet via secure, distributed P2P technology.
Bytesized supports BTSync hosting on each account (Streamboxes and Seedboxes) but it's easiest to manage on your Streambox.
I would highly recommend you install Syncthing instead of BTSync since it's completely free open-source software compared to BTSync which is closed source and propitiatory.
12th of June 2015
- Added supported for the selection of multiple versions during installation.
- Added support for BTSync 2.0
Latest 1.x and 2.x versions. You can select which one you want use during the app installations
This will only work for installations after 12th of June 2015. Previous versions will have to reinstall first.
~/.bysh_versions file via FTP, SSH or VNC. Look for
BTSYNC_VERSION=x.x and change it to the version you want. For instance
BTSYNC_VERSION=2.0. Save the file and reboot via the App panel.
Start a incognito session with Chrome if that's what you are using or try to clear your cache or an other browser.
- The SPC has limited options, so this is a good reason to keep BTSync around
- Share a folder from here, copy-paste the key
- Select Enter Key or link at the SPC's BTSync, and here comes the tricky part: you find your usual folder structure under /media/Public, save to there, as every other part of the file tree you see here is not visible from outside the SPC
|Last Author||Contributors||Versions||Last update|
|Elek||Maran, Marin||12||Sat, 02 Jul 2016 19:24:58 +0200|